Pad See Ew
Easily my most favourite dish, and now it can be yours!
I love the caramelised noodles, I love the fresh greens, I love the egg!
- Leave the noodles cooking in the wok for long enough to really make them sticky, char grilled even.
- Use what ever asian greens you can find. If broccolini is too expensive use broccoli, if pak choy isn't readily available look towards baby spinach or kale.
- I like a lot of egg in mine so I normally added an extra 2. Experiment with how you like it in the dish. I have added it in at the end before so that it sticks to the noodles.
- If you are an extra saucy person I would suggest adding some chilli in it too.
- Use any protein you like. It is also amazingly good with fried tofu.
- Traditionally this dish uses fresh wide rice noodles but I could not find them anywhere so switched them out for the pad thai rice noodles.
- If you don't have fresh lemon you can use bottled lemon. Probably doesn't taste as nice but still gives you that acidic kick. Lime would do the job too.
ps - right click the recipe below to save to your computer so you can print.